Breaking

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Manchester United's Decision on Mario Lemina Signing Revealed


Manchester United have their reputed interest in the Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina less important.
"It was reported earlier this week Southampton had received an enquiry from United about the 25-year-old, who is also said to be attracting interest from Arsenal".
However, the MEN understands senior United sources believe the club is being linked to the player in an attempt to whip up an auction for Lemina, who could leave for around £40million.
Lemina has not travelled with the Southampton squad for pre-season training in Austria amid the possibility of an imminent transfer elsewhere.
The former Juventus midfielder has started 38 out of a possible 76 Premier League matches during his two seasons with Southampton, who narrowly avoided relegation in each campaign.
Speculation surrounding a possible United move for Lemina stemmed from the issue of Paul Pogba, who wants to leave the club this summer. Pogba's agent Mino Raiola last week revealed he was 'in the process' of engineering a transfer.
Manchester United have identified Bruno Fernandes of Sporting Lisbon as a possible option to replace Pogba but Portuguese sources doubt United would be prepared to move for the attacking midfielder with Pogba still at the club.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Wednesday United had not received any bids for Pogba, despite interest from Real Madrid and Juventus.
"Agents talk all of the time and, as I said, we've not had any bids, from any clubs, that's all I can say about this matter," Solskjaer said. "I'm not just talking about Mino Raiola, there are loads of agents out there, they have got clients that they are looking after, so they can look after their clients".
"As long as they (players who want to leave) are here, they're professionals, working, giving everything they've got, agents and everyone else can talk'.
"And we've got our own talks behind the scenes and I'm not going to tell you what we're talking about, as you would probably imagine."
United have held talks with Newcastle youngster Sean Longstaff's representatives but have still not submitted a bid for the 21-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment